- Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh arrive at 10.45am after the rest of the congregation has been seated. Everyone will stand as the clock chimes 11am and Baroness Thatcher’s coffin will be brought into the Cathedral.
- Several bible passages will then be read.
- ‘The bidding’ then takes place. Given by the Very Reverend David Ison, Dean of St Paul’s. – “We come to this Cathedral today to remember before God Margaret Hilda Thatcher, to give thanks for her life and work, and to commend her into God’s hands.”
- The Lord’s Prayer is then recited.
- The hymn, He Who Would Valiant Be is then sung.
- The first reading by Amanda Thatcher is then made.
- Henry Purcell, ‘Hear My Prayer’ is then sung.
- Rt. Hon. David Cameron, Prime Minister then makes a second reading to the congregation.
- Ein Deutsches Requiem is then played.
- The address; given by the Right Reverend and Right Honourable Richard Chartres, KCVO, Bishop of London.
- The hymn, Love Divine, All Loves Excelling is sung.
- The prayers are then made by: the Reverend Sarah Eynstone, minor canon and chaplain; the Reverend Prebendary Rose Hudson-Wilkin, speaker’s chaplain; the Most Reverend Patrick Kelly, Roman Catholic Archbishop Emeritus of Liverpool; The Reverend William Hall, The American Church; the Reverend Ruth Gee, president designate of the Methodist Conference.
- Messe de Requiem is then sung.
- I Vow To Thee My Country is then sung.
- The commendation is then made by the Bishop of London.
- Then the blessing is made by the Archbishop of Canterbury.
- The coffin, accompanied by the family, is then carried out of the cathedral.
Photo Credit: The Guardian